Well really any month is a good month to read! The benefits of reading even to a baby who does not yet understand words are numerous. Spending even just ten minutes a day reading with your child can have a huge impact on his or her development and future success in school. Reading with your child has such a huge impact on a child that experts say it can even impact their adult health. Wow! So let's get reading. We love reading at our house, but sometimes life just gets busy. We always like to read before bed, and we think we are doing a good job getting everyone ready for bed, but then we look at the time and it is later than we hoped! It happens. Here are a few ways that we sneak reading into our busy lives, and maybe they would work for your family too!
1. It sounds funny, but we would sit and read to our kids when they were potty training!
2. If you are running out of time at night, do two things at once and read to them while they are in the tub!
3. Our family LOVES listening to audiobooks! Instead of having kids watch videos while you travel, listen to an audiobook!
4. Read at the table! During Lent when our kids were little, we would read a Bible story each night at dinner.
5. Read outside! There is something so relaxing about reading in a hammock or on a blanket looking up at the sky.
6. Go to Story Time!! I would take my kids to story time at the library every week! That is how we discovered some of our favorite books!